Doug Harris PhD
CEO The Kaleidoscope Group
416 W. Ontario Street
Chicago, IL 60654
Doug Harris is the Chief Executive Officer of The Kaleidoscope Group with over 20 years of experience in the field of diversity & inclusion consulting. Prior to joining Bea Young Associates in 1993, Doug worked for several years as a consultant and trainer for Harbridge House, Inc. where he facilitated diversity & inclusion education sessions with senior executives of Fortune 500 organizations. Today, Doug empowers organizations to achieve their diversity and inclusion goals.
Summary of Session: Moving the Pendulum on D&I Education
Are you tired of the same old discussions on D&I education and ready to be engaged in some real dialogue, new solutions and where it needs to go? In a recent Kaleidoscope nationwide poll of D&I Practioners, 76% of the respondents stated that they are not satisfied with the impact D&I training is having on their organization. We want to make sure you have real impact on improving your workplace culture and produce bottom-line results with your D&I Education.
Learning objectives of the session:
In this interactive session we will discuss how to move beyond:
- Stand alone D&I programs to a fully integrated approach linked to other key business initiatives
- Classroom only to blended learning solutions that support adult learning and create systemic change
- D&I Education as a singular training event and link it to competencies and behaviors that build in accountability and measurement
- Awareness focus to skill development and personal responsibility for creating an inclusive work environment
- A traditional focus on race and gender to true inclusion where white males are engaged in the discussion